A Bit of a Classic..B-10

wdedig

OD and Yellow stands out. Tamiya Rattle can Yellow(was Great), Gunze Olive Drab

Decals came with Kit and need some white disks to keep out the yellow. Other than that the decals where very good. The wing walks didn't match up with the fuselage sections and needed some black touch-up...no big thing
B-10Sideprt.jpg
Looks OLD!!
B-10TopPortfrnt.jpg
White Nacelles added a Bit to the overall project
B-10Sidefrntclosestrbd2.jpg
Cheers
Bill
  • Like 1

Thanks Gil.

It is the Williams Brothers kit. New release with gret decals. Lots of flas and a bit of a challenge.

Thanks Again

Bill

Hap Arnold would be proud of this one! Way to go Bill! Well done! The Golden Age is where I like to camp out. Best,

Mark

Bill, very nice job on a less than 'shake n bake' kit. I have one on the schedule to do in that scheme as Hap Arnold's ship during the deployment to Alaska. I can use yours as an inspiration.

Bill, this is not an attempt to steal your thread or thunder. Please excuse me.

Mark,

The C-46 can be built. The tough part is the fit of the wings into the fuselage and the dihedral. If I recall, I inserted a 0.020 shim in each wing root, pulled the wingtips up with tape and shot the liquid cement to it. Once that was cured I had to lay in several layers of bondo to build up the wing center section level with the fuselage. Looks good to me!

C-46Everts15Jan20143resised-1.jpg

Decals by DrawDecal

http://s643.photobucket.com/user/myoungcc/library/Marks%20Models/American%20Aircraft/C-46R%20Everts%20Air%20Cargo

Edited by MarkYoungCrewChief