'Coupon drop down" ads on here

ghodges

Is everybody seeing these, or is it just my computer? I'm using AVG, Spybot, and Ccleaner with everything up to date and no "problems" noted by any of them on my PC. Are these ads something that's infiltrated the servers, or is there something I need to do to cut them back or eliminate them? They started showing up here the last week or so. I see them on about 1/2 of the modeling sites I visit, but not on ALL sites, which leads me to believe some sites are more susceptible to them.

Anybody know what's going on here? Thanks!

GIL :smiley16:

Haven't seen them anywhere myself, Gil.

I have Norton 360 and also use CCleaner, but I also have AdFender running all the time. Maybe someone else will chime in with more helpful info.

I just Googled "coupon drop down" and immediately have dozens of links on how to remove this virus/malware/adware. It's definitely a PC issue, Gil...bummer.

Had something similar a few weeks ago. The malware would add an advertisement in the right hand margin. Not that big a deal, but they would flicker like a strobe and slightly stutter in order to catch the eye. So very annoying and I had to Google how to remove it.