GROUP BUILD: So much owed by so many to so few.

Guest PetrolGator

Here is the kit I am starting with and this is how it turned out for the review. I will be doing the camo bird on the box art this time around. I will be using a metal pitot tube, a resin nose and adding two nuclear Falcons on the center racks.

mengds005reciewbg_1_zpsd19e0561.jpg

FIN1_zps13273e12.jpg

Count me in also...It sounds like I might be able to make this one. I'm in the middle of a build right now but...after that is finished...I need to build my Uncles #2 33 ford sedan(dirt Race car...or...Hardtop...as they were called back then). I probably won't start for another month easy. But...with the finish date pushed farther out....that will work just right.

Do we post build pics( wips) in this forum or in their perspective categories ??

Edited by GaryDavis

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice! I actually sprayed the gloss in the Deuce so I can add the decal instrument and give the cockpit and nose well a wash and then close it up at the next build night.

finished the apollo lunar module for the group build. My apologies for not posting in progress pics, i hate posting photos and all the steps you have to take just to place a few photos. here are a few photos i took while building and the final. the base is a painted plastic plate. the moon surface is a plaster disc i molded from stove top stuffing mix(don't tell my wife she still is asking what happened to it) the gold foil is from a candy wrapper, actually 2 , it painstakingly peeled the gold foil off the wax paper . i added windows( plastic tupperware lid) and made a hatch out of some extra styrene . it had openings cut out but no windows and just looked odd without it.

i honestly was thinking i was purchasing the 1:48 model and was surprised when this very small package arrived from amazon. i was looking at so many models and mixed up the 1:100 with the larger version.i think it came out pretty good. i looked all over the net for 1:100 astronauts but to no avail. i printed the flag and used a pin for the pole.

IMG_5030.jpg[/url

IMG_5034.jpg]

IMG_5035.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

Edited by Bubbajoe
  • Like 1

Very nicely done! I hope you don't mind me using these as a reference for mine. I have a 1/72 scale one to build and place inside my Saturn V Rocket. Your pics will help.

thank you and by all means. i did a bit of research on the eagle and tried to get as close as possible with the details .working in 1:100 is difficult to get it all just right. there is so much info and images to reference your build. good luck with yours and look forward to seeing some photos

• 4 weeks later...

Thanx for the kind words, fellaz. Here she is, so far. Am also playing with a 'special effect' for scary-looking, sub-surface ice, as you can see on the far side of the base. Eastwind will not be breaking ice in hard-core fashion, so much as picking her way through a field of ice floes:

USCGCEastwind27nov141.jpg

Recipient will be a guy who was a Gunner's Mate on this one, c.1957. Very dynamic reconfiguration schedule for this ship in the 1950's, so I just did my best there. Several semi-scratch items including the twin guns and cranes forward. The helo was carefully re-done and the PE really helps it.

• 1 month later...

"Ice Ice Baby" ...with a hat-tip to Ron Bell...

Thanx for the kind comments. Pix edited offline and re-posted/re-linked via photobucket. Attempted to lighten them as recommended:

USCGCEastwind29Dec141_zps3035999e.jpg

USCGCEastwind29Dec143_zps54c6ed51.jpg

Edited by VonL

You've done an excellent job on this old classic kit. If I can make one suggestion. Try using the "adjust" or "edit" or whatever it's called function where you have your photos stored to lighten them up so we can see all that great work you've done.

Guest PetrolGator

I feel like I've been neglecting this topic (and Admining in general, but that's gonna change) so I've changed my subject build once I read how utterly PUNISHED the San Francisco was during the war, even excluding Guadalcanal. That cruiser was in damn near every major engagement. It's a pity she wasn't preserved.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got the fuselage halves together. Life has stepped in and I am doing a free commission piece of a King Tut Wall hanging that was taken priority. Plus I am still trying to finish my M-12 "What If".

• 5 months later...

Despite a lack of action in this thread, I went ahead with my Wildcat build. Currently, it's painted and decaled...

001_4.jpg

This is the old Revell 1/32 F4F-4 with some tweaks done to it. I should have it done in a day or two. More pics soon!

GIL :smiley16: