Panzer Gray Paint Needed

ipmsusa2

Hi all,

The snipe hunt is on again. Building the Trumpeter Sdkfz 7 and need a bottle or two of Model Master enamel FS36076. Testors doesn't list it anymore, though some shops list a spray can. Whether or not they actually have it is another question since it is apparently no longer being made. Anyone know of an enamel replacement for it? Maybe something in the MM line that I happen to have? I do have Schwarzgrau, but I suspect that's too dark.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Richard

Try their Gunship Grey and remember after you pre/post shade it, wash and drybrush, and weather it, it will look very different, just like the real paint did.

Also, there are several paint conversion charts on the internet that give you equivalent colors from various companies. Just Google "model paint conversion" and you'll get several to choose amongst.

Sometimes they don't put up all the paints they have on there website so if you email them with the paint name and fs number you could find out what you want to know pretty easily .

Ron and Z, followed your suggestions and also went to the Hobbylinc site. Things have gotten very interesting. The FS # for Panzer Gray is 36076. Input that number on Hobbylinc and what you get is that FS number...but the color is identified as Engine Gray. Since there are no color chips online, how the two compare is anyone's guess. However, there is a Model Master Comparison Chart online. That one shows 36076 as simply Gray and 36118 as Medium Gunship Gray. Looks like I'll go with 36118 and maybe lighten it a tad. Thanks for the help.

Richard

I use ModelMaster #2094 Panzer Schwarzgrau '39-'43 and fade it with ModelMaster #1723 (? the # is faded on my bottle) FS36118 Gunship Grey. Both are enamels and work great. If you don't want to use the Gunship Grey to fade the Panser Grau, try adding some pink to the PanzerGrau for fading. That works as well; but I'm lazy so I just use Gunship Grey.

Hope this helps.