airfix 1/180 scale HMS Victory blank gun ports

Ronald

hello there

I need to know what color are the blank gun

Ports for the dummy guns that that go there

I know that the top gun ports along with the lids are red I just don't know what to paint the

The blanks

I'd help but I'm a bit at a loss as to what the "blank gun ports and dummy guns" are. Could you provide a picture or description as to where they are? I've been in the Victory itself several times, and can't place what you're needing to know.

Sorry about that but there was no other way to explain let me try to explain another way, after the second deck there is no third deck for this

Model since it is a plastic kit so they have tiny

Holes for thise decks to glue the guns in wish

I could send you photos of the model

Ah, now I get it. Not really dummies, just a molding work around.

These were the 32 pdrs. and were lower down to keep the ship's center of gravity manageable. They would be painted the same as those on the other decks. Just curious, what leads you to think they should be painted otherwise? And when you say painted red, you mean on the inside, right? The outside is the same color as the hull in that area.

As an interesting aside, now there is only one real cannon on the Victory. The rest are fiberglass replicas. Out of the water, the ship's hull can't support the weight of a full load of armament for very long and starts to sag and come apart. Same for the upper masts and spars.

• 7 months later...

Just out of interest, there is a company over here in Hereford UK named Scale Warship who make a number of sets of photo etched parts specifically for the Airfix Victory such as Ratlines, Hammock Nettings etc. They also make various blocks for Victory that have been 3D printed.

Keeping to sailing ships, they also have PE sets for the Revell Vasa and the Academy Cutty Sark. Saw all of them at SMW Telford last year on built up models on their stand. Looked impressive.

They also do PE stuff for modern warships as well, so their website may be worth a look.