Skoda PA II, 1/72 Planet Models

freddietello

This is the Skoda vehicle built in 1920s of which only 12 units were produced until it got replaced by the PA III version.

IMG_4283.JPG

The models is very easy to build with just a few resin parts that have no defects at all. It builds enterely in a few minutes if you use ciano.

I chosen the German scheme for the military police that used all of the captured "turtles" in Czech service after the invasion.

For the painting I used the cenithal light system in 3 steps, first an overall black layer.

IMG_4386.JPG

Then a very light grey filter form above

IMG_4393.JPG

Then a blueish grey filter form the sides

IMG_4394.JPG

After placing the decals I used the Vallejo "washes" to make some stains that I inmediately blurred down with a dry brush

IMG_4536.JPG

With gloss white paint and some graphite pigment I made the lights, theis "chrome" effect is close enough to a crystal at this scale.

IMG_4541.JPG

IMG_4602.JPG

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4629.JPG

Outstanding model! Excellent color modulation; that really makes this model come to life. I also love the staining too; I'll have to try that one day. May I suggest checking for the one gun? It appears one broke off some time before the last pics were taken. Thanks for posting this.