XP-55 Ascender

wdedig

Greetings

just haven't see many of these built so I said what the heck lets invest a little time.

No theme just a bit of fun and something different. Challenging build, simple paint scheme

Gunze paints

XP-55Ascenderstarboard.jpg

XP-55Ascendertopfrnt.jpg

XP-55Ascenderreartop.jpg

XP-55Ascendertopport1.jpg

Comments are Always welcome

Bill

• Like 1

VERY nice Bill! I'm guessing that's the 1/48 Czechmodels kit? I'm amazed at how smooth you got it to look and how crisp your canopy came out. Congrats on conquering a tough build!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil

You are correct. Czechmodels kit.

Beautiful Resin Interior but lots of fit issues with the majority of the build.

The vacu-form canopy was really clear but I am still deciding about cutting it open. I hate messing with a finished project.

Cheers

Bill

Great job Bill. I love the futuristic, for its time, look of that plane. Incidentally, if you ever get to Kalamazoo, the local Air Zoo has the only remaining XP-55 on display.

Thanks

I could have sworn I had photos from USAF Museum in Dayton? But now that you mention,Maybe I got them from Web/// Getting forgetful

Thanks Again

Bill

Bill, Cybermodeler has a decent exterior w/a of the NMUSAF exhibit (post restoration.) Plus an oldie site had shots of the bird pre-restoration at a Tripod page:

http://seiran01.tripod.com/web6.html

Regards, Robert

It was interesting to see it during restoration. On a number of the interior panels, the engineers and others who had worked on the original plane left their autographs.

Here is the Air Zoo page on the XP-55. http://www.airzoo.org/page.php?page_id=207

Clare! Did you have any images of the restoration you might share?

Regards,

Robert

Nice job, Bill! Best,

Mark