Finshed! Car guy builds an airpalane-A6M2b

PeteJ

Ok, I finished it and finally got a chance to photograph it. Here it is, ICMTH's photoetched and white metal 1:32 scale zero.

midleftfront_zpsceb90f2e.jpg

levelleft_zpsab088f65.jpg

enginecockpithighleft_zps6e6615b7.jpg

closeenginghighleft_zpsa9ff88ee.jpg

abovebehindmidsection_zpsa63cc64f.jpg

cockpithighright_zps95efd0bc.jpg

• Like 1

Everything you ever wanted to know about a Zero but was afraid to ask! :smiley9:

Stunning craftsmanship! Such a clean build...I'd have globs of glue at every joint! Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

I'd be curious to see what the pre-built kit looks like. Like how big are the PE sheets, etc.

All those parts! Just keeping the wing ribs in the correct order is a major undertaking.

I'd be curious to see what the pre-built kit looks like. Like how big are the PE sheets, etc.

All those parts! Just keeping the wing ribs in the correct order is a major undertaking.

I should have shot a before photo. They are about 9" X 12" and there are 7 of them. I have an unbuilt kit around. I may open it and shoot a photo of it for the record. If I do I will post it. In the mean time here is a photo of all the white metal just after I went through and sorted it. DSC00997_zps6f647125.jpg

Hi all - I had a chance to see this in person on Tuesday and I can honestly say it is one of the finest models I have ever looked at! Pete was talking about the models in The Joe Martin Craftsmanship Museum in Carlsbad CA. and he said he goes there for a helping of Humble. But I have also been to that museum a number of times and I think this model stacks up to any models in the museum in all the ways that count such as basic craftsmanship, scratchbuilding extra's and visual impact. Congrat's Pete on a job well done. Dan King

• 1 month later...

Hi, Pete,

I'm usually happy with successfully completing a Skill Level 3 (or 5, depending on the scale) model. Now you show us a Skill Level 10 aircraft. You've shown some real talent here. Thanks for making the rest of us feel ?????? :smiley29:

Ed

Smithsonian Grade! Congratulations Pete!

Mark

Thank you all for your kind comments. It is nice to have a model appreciated by all of you. I was reading through my posts and I noticed that I has promised you some shots of the photoetched sheets. There are actually 9 total sheets. I didn't put one in here because it is small and only has 6 parts on it. They are parts that stack to form the joint between the empennage and the fuselage. Here are the rest. Enjoy!

Photoetched4_zpsc98dad00.jpg

Photoetched3_zpsa6c26383.jpg

Photoetched2_zpsd5d6a7e9.jpg

Photoetched1_zps577ce926.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Eww-Whee! As Shaggy would say - Zonks! I thought Pocher kits were "challenging", this must have been something else. Great job!

Regards,

Robert