PZ.Beob.Wg. III Ausf. H

catdude01

some more picture of the progress yesterday. Fenders installed too.

photo5_zpsc6cb606d.jpgphoto31_zps79184334.jpgphoto21_zps11e5c9da.jpgphoto11_zps99fd8d22.jpg

I wanted to paint in a different color some parts to make the kit more attractive, so I use Tamiya German Grey and Medium Blue , here more or less the results.

IMG_0528_zpsdec7a908.jpgIMG_0529_zps19de5e78.jpgIMG_0527_zps4f2152cc.jpgIMG_0511_zps4200084f.jpgIMG_0509_zps3dd965d0.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Chris:

Well, not as I expected, not even a single award!!! but that's ok, this is a competition and you need to go with both expectations. My kids also have a great success, they bring 4 awards!, so the other kids, for a total of 8. So we are thinking to change our name to Ipms Borinqueneers JUNIOR!! :D . Also for the next time I will bring less kits, its really hard and costly to bring it to the states. We pay $600 for a bulk box to bring the kits from Puerto Rico to Virginia. We also saw some fishy stuff going on in the competition with some categories, but you know what? you just look at the results list of awards and you will find out. So No biggie, for me just saying. Hope next group take note on that to avoid it.

On the bright side, I took many pictures of great works this year, have some beers with Chris Mrosko, writer of the book Building Dioramas, stretch hands with WWII veteran Bill Greenwell from the "Feather Merchant", Master modeler Ricardo Rivas, Tony Rivera,Frank Stansell and found the first 3 items of my top list! Meng 1/35 D9r Bulldozer, Meng 1.35 Latest Pickup, and the book Airplanes In Scale, the greatest guide.

Hi Padro,

Great looking model,so how did you do at the nationals?

Chris G. :Smile_sceptic:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

another appearence of this little fella, this time at the modelfest 2014 in Corozal, Puerto Rico.

IMG_4914_zpsab1915b7.jpgIMG_4915_zpsd47d38c5.jpgIMG_5129_zps52b1588e.jpg

Thanks! not my best built, but very proud of it. I think this little guy can take a long break with this award in the shelf. (^^)/

• 1 month later...

Nice, what award is next to your build? Congratulations.

Robin:

this is the Mayor's Cup award, he selected 3 entries at the show, mine was one. :army7: :smiley16:

• 4 months later...