Mark Is

freddietello

Hi guys

I just finished these Master Box 1/72 models, Mark I male/female. very nice kits , easy to build, fits nicely and have some good details. A very pleasant weekend proyect.

Primed with Vallejo colors and some weathering with both Vallejo acrylic washesand AK weathering products, a bit of pigments and a graphite pencil for the polished metal.

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_4239.JPG

IMG_4241.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4450.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

The kit looks to be a quantum leap above the old Airfix one. You did a very nice job with it as well.

One questions, how many parts are there to the driver's cupola? Emhar's is around 3-4, the same as Airfix's and neither fits very well.

Just saw one of these at the LHS. Kind of pricey at $29.99. It might have to wait it's place in the production schedule. I'm more into "on time delivery" now a days, inventory-wise.

Absolutely beautiful finishes, especially in such a small scale!

But, I have to admit to a lack of sex education for armor.....what IS the difference between the Mk.I male and female? Or do you need to look underneath them to see? :smiley3:

GIL :smiley16:

The original design had a 6-pdr & an MG in each sponson, for a total of two each - these became known as Males.

When it seemed that there would be a shortage of 6-pdrs, another MG was substituted for each 6-pdr, thus 4 MGs - and known as "Females".

I am not aware there was any particular connotation behind the naming.

However, the first prototype, known as 'Little Willie', evolved into the definitive Mark I prototype, known as 'Mother', which had 6-pdrs, so 'Mother' was a 'Male' :unsure:

You airplane guys lead a sheltered life :D