Yukikaze FINISHED

Guest PetrolGator

Great job Chris. What did you think of the kit overall? It looks great on your "ocean". You have to show us how you made that base.

Very cool.

Bill

Guest PetrolGator

Thank you all. I'll be posting some better lit pictures today. I'm hoping that additional lighting will lead to far less graininess.

on the new pics make sure the primary lighting is to the sides or top or behind you but not behind the ship cameras read light and if it is directly behind the ship the ship may look more like a shadow of it self hiding details nice build

Guest PetrolGator

Great work! Much better colors in the second set of photos!

What scale and what brand?

Gaston

This is the much maligned Hasegawa kit. I used some of the Eduard PE set and a lot of Rainbow, Lion Roar, and a smattering of Alliance Modelworks parts. I also scratched the masts and various smaller details. The kit has some major scale issues, but it was cheap ($25 for the kit, Eduard PE, and brass barrels.) I used this kit to practice some sea base techniques and some weathering. I was.... moderately successful with the weathering, but I'll definitely need some darker pin washes on my next kit.

Do you post on MW.com? I've seen your username on there.