Sparrowhawk is done

ghodges

This is the 1/48 Lonestar resin kit. It takes some elbow grease and "extras" to get it to this point, but it's a very enjoyable kit, especially if you've built a couple of other biplanes.

002-2.jpg

004.jpg

017.jpg

And yes, the rigging does criss-cross each other, unlike most parallel rigged wires.

This fills a big void in my Golden Age collection that I thought might never be released by anyone! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges
  • Like 2

Way to go, Gil! Welcome to the Golden Age! That's one of the primary areas I like to camp out. It looks great! I built the old Williams Bros. kit years ago, but it was damaged in a move. I hope to repair it sometime in the future. Best,

Mark

I did a Lone Star models armor conversion a bunch of years ago, and if this kit required the same amount of "elbow grease", you might be understating your case a bit. Excellent result.

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed the title of this topic has omitted the "w" from Sparrow. I've seen it in print on this Forum for a while now and never noticed before. Just goes to show......well, it must show something.

And now you need a 48th scale Macon to hang it from ...

Excellent model, Gil.

John, you lunatic! Say, wait a minute that would *only* be ~ 16.5 feet... that would (only just) fit in my garage...

:^P

After seeing a 1/48 scale Hindenberg at the San Diego Air & Space Museum, I starting thinking it might actually be possible...

also, check out this bit of 'madness' - http://www.kampfflieger.com/store#!/~/product/category=404881&id=1780408

12 different 'liveries' included...

R/

Robert