M2A3 Bradley with BUSK III

802chrisg

Here is the MENG Bradley M2A3 with BUSK III kit that I did for IPMS as a review. The review has been summited to the Journal and hopefully will be in an upcoming issue. So for now here is a sneak peak as what is to come. Enjoy!

M2A3Bradleyfinished003_zps485bd167.jpg

M2A3Bradleyfinished013_zpsd5dc8576.jpg

M2A3Bradleyfinished012_zps613e5bbd.jpg

M2A3Bradleyfinished010_zpsa8d0d7bc.jpg

M2A3Bradleyfinished009_zps43bfa3a9.jpg

Edited by 802chrisg

I like it. I think you did a great job on it. I'm unsure of the open engine hatch with the armor tiles still mounted, I think they are supposed to be removed prior to opening the hatch. I'm also wondering if Meng pulled a Trumpeter and misspelled the bumper number. 1-68 is part of 4th Infantry Division and it would be either just 4, 4I (capital letter "I") or 4ID, but not 4II.

Looks like it makes all other Bradley models obsolete.

I like it. I think you did a great job on it. I'm unsure of the open engine hatch with the armor tiles still mounted, I think they are supposed to be removed prior to opening the hatch. I'm also wondering if Meng pulled a Trumpeter and misspelled the bumper number. 1-68 is part of 4th Infantry Division and it would be either just 4, 4I (capital letter "I") or 4ID, but not 4II.

Looks like it makes all other Bradley models obsolete.

Thanks for the feedback. I believe that the armor tiles would be left on as I have several researh photos showing this. I could be wrong. As for the unit lettering after some quick research (witch I missed on my review) you are correct. I can tell you that the markings that MENG provides are for the 2003-2005 time period. The M2A3 with BUSK III upgrade kit version did not operate in OIF until the 2008-2010 time period. The kit is by far a state of the art kit. MENG has really set the bar high on this one and to be honesrt there is not a kit out there that can compete with this kit of the Bradley.

Chris G. :Smile_sceptic:

Modern US Army bumper numbers follow a specific SOP with some variation based on local unit policy. Combat units are much easier to decipher than non-divisional units. I've noticed many errors in modern kit decals but that's to be expected when companies try to create them from published photographs rather than taking close ups themselves.

Modern US Army bumper numbers follow a specific SOP with some variation based on local unit policy. Combat units are much easier to decipher than non-divisional units. I've noticed many errors in modern kit decals but that's to be expected when companies try to create them from published photographs rather than taking close ups themselves.

Thanks for the info Rob, I'm still wondering how MENG missed this as they do and outstanding job of researching everything about the kit subject. Hopefully my review as well as others will help them fix this issue in the future.

Chris G. :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by 802chrisg

Like the bumper number they chose, HQ-63, is the only combat vehicle assigned to a staff officer, the S-3 Operations Officer, normally a major and definitely not one that often swaps gunfire with the enemy or even carries an infantry squad. I imagine that the reason why they duplicated those markings is because while the line unit vehicles were outside the wire, that the S-3's track was safe back at the base, uncluttered with troop gear and looking prettier than the ones that get beat up from use.

Saw one at my LHS on sale for $80 (regularly $90 something). A little too steep so I searched eBay and the online shops.

They retail for $99.99 so $80.00 is not bad. The box is huges and absolutely stuffed with plastic. The best part is that you will use just about every piece. The interiour and engine is a kit in itself.

Chris :Smile_sceptic:

• 2 weeks later...