how to post pictures

Zglossip

i recently got photobuckect and i re sized the picture to 21 kigabytes and the forum says you can have 960 kigabytes but it says the file was to big any help would be appreciated

Hi, Z,

Do NOT use the Attach File method of directly attaching a photo into your post here. That is where you have all these file size problems.

1. Open two windows on your computer. One window has the IPMS Forum open to the new message you are preparing. The other window has your Photobucket album open and ready for you to select the photo you want to transfer. Forget about resizing to tiny images.

2. On the IPMS window, put your flashing cursor where you want to place your photo and use your mouse to click on the little icon on the toolbar that says Image. You will see a new box open that asks for a URL address. Stop here and go to the Photobucket screen.

3. On the Photobucket screen, select the picture you want to put on the IPMS page. When the image opens in Photobucket, look on the right side of the screen and find the link that starts with an "i" and your personal three or four numbers. Click on that link, and you will see a brief message that says Copied. To where, you ask. It was copied to your desktop. Now go back to the IPMS screen and the URL box.

4. Put your cursor in the URL box and then right click your mouse to Paste. Click on Paste, and your full photo should appear in your IPMS message.

5. In the same IPMS message, reposition your flashing cursor and follow steps 2-4 again to add as many photos as you want in your message.

Give this a try. Best of luck.

Ed

I see from two new posts that this has worked for you. Glad to help. I needed someone else to help me a while back, so now I can share that help with you.

Ed