Flights into Norfolk

I know I should have gotten airline tickets sooner but it was never an issue in the past. Most often I book tickets 2 months out from a trip. So last night was no exception. I was on the phone with 2 friends (conference call) looking to book our trip putting us on the same flight(s). In the space of about 30 minutes, we saw the price for our selected flight jump $100+. I looked at the price this morning and the price had climbed $200 from what I had paid! I would suggest folks look to book their flights now because the prices seem to be increasing.

Mark

My buddy booked a flight from El Paso into RICHMOND last Sunday evening (@$500). We'll be picking him up there, as we derive up I-95 from the south. The "word" in our club from veterans who lived/served in the Norfolk area was that although it was a slightly longer distance (via Richmond), it would actually save time due to the congested state road driving IF you hop off of 95 to go east towards VB/Norfolk, and then have to drive north through the tunnels to get through VB/Norfolk and across (under) the bay to the upper peninsula.

My understanding is that there is NO shuttle from ANY airport to the show, and that cab/taxi fare is @$100 from Norfolk or Richmond. If you have to fly in and can't arrange a ride, renting a car is probably the best answer and it'd be best to hop on that too, as many people will be doing it!

I also expect that there may be a very busy message board at the show as many people may be looking to hitch a ride to an airport on Sunday morning!

GIL :smiley16:

I would agree the cost of fuel is causing a spike in airfare prices. No problem....we are booked and ready to go! Ground transport is no problem. I have several friends living in the Hampton/Virginia beach area who have offered to pick us up from/to the airport. It's good to have friends with cars :army7: !

Looking forward to seeing friends in hampton!

Mark

Make sure to look into Newport News/Williamsburg (PHF) too, its actually the closest airport to the show, but it is a smaller airport than Richmond or Norfolk so selection and price may be limited. Also if you're from the Boston, New York (Newark) or Pittsburgh area , and Atlanta(starts Aug 1), a new airline is coming to PHF at the end of June. http://www.flypex.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all. I will be flying into PHFand wondered about what the travel time would be from that airport to the convention center? Doesn't look that far but I'll need to catch a Saturday morning flight and wondered how much lead time I should plan for.