Old Man is Back

Narampa

Hello everyone

After a lot of years I have returned to modeling. I started out building airfix 49 cent models that came in a bag. I would go to the local hardware store with my 50 cent allowance and sit in front of a big box on the floor and paw through the choices. The ones that I remember the most were the Lysander and the Beaufighter. Building out of the box is all we could do. The models that came in boxes were around $3.50 and it was a rare birthday or Christmas that I got one. My favorite was a Willys Gasser and one from Hodges Dodges I think it was a 1964.

I moved to RC aircraft than in time I bought full scale aircraft and flew wheels floats and skis. Had a great time for about 20 years. And than I discovered that if I was going to retire and return to a hobby that gave me the satisfaction I knew I would have to change my lifestyle. So here I am with great memories but very egear to build models. Cars of the 50s and 60s are my favorite and of course aircraft.

I will be joining the local IPMS club in the near future.

Narampa a 62 year old Grandpa

"Old man, look at my life; I'm a lot like you were".......

Sorry, I lapsed into Neil Young for a moment! :P

Welcome to the forums Lawrence and back to the hobby! You'll find a lot of company here with similar stories, and the grandkids to match! Look forward to seeing your stuff!

GIL :smiley16:

Welcome Lawrence. You're "talking 'bout my generation" ! I've building models since 1955. If anyone tells me that I look like Walter Matthau these days, I consider it a compliment !!!!!!!! Ha!

Best wishes and happy modeling,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Lawrence and welcome back to the Hobby. Don't worry about what the first one looks like; we were all there once. Feel free to post here; we all would love to see where you are at. Don't hesitate to ask for any help you feel you may need; these are the friendliest and most helpful guys anywhere.