When will Registration Packets be mailed out for 2014 event?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I searched and did not find any related content...

I registered on 4/14/14 and received a confirmation number via email. Are reg packets being mailed out yet? If not, what is the plan?

Any info is appreciated.

Don't know when they are mailing, likely closer to the event, but I've been registered for months and haven't gotten my packet yet, so I'm sure you're not missing anything.

Why would they mail them out? Every time I've pre-registered, I simply show up at the "pre-registered" counter to pick up my registration packet upon arrival. Did y'all request a mailing to you, and if so, why?

GIL

From the IPMS online Store Registration page.... I just answered my own question...I should have read a bit further on....

Attendees pre-registered before June 1, 2014, will have their badges, tour and banquet tickets mailed to them about a month before the convention. As long as you remember to bring your badges and tickets with you, you won't have to stand in registration line; just walk right in and hit the vendors or get your models registered.

Edited by Lumpulus

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we will be mailing out registration packets with your Name Badge any other event tickets you purchase On or Before June 1st 2014. That way you don't have to stand in line when you arrive, plus you save $5 for the vendor room. You can then pick up your registration "goody bag" when ever you want at a specific pre-registration pickup table.

We do not plan to mail the pre-registration packets out until just after Pre-Registration closes on June 1st. That way we can do all of them in one fell swoop.

If you feel the need to double check that we have received your registration email me at Registration@IPMSUSA2014.com and I will let you know.

Jared Nuss IPMS/USA 2014

National Convention Reg. Coordinator

I got a registration acknowledgement so that's not an issue...what is an issue is there's no set schedule yet as to when the "doors will open" and a concrete schedule....what's up with that?

• 2 weeks later...

Scheduling and times are still being ironed out. As soon as it is written in stone it will be posted. This has traditionaly happened within the 30 day window before the start of the convention. There is still plenty of time left! :smiley16:

Scott A. Bregi

2014 IPMS USA National Convention

Promotionals and Raffle coordinator

Aha! Well there's a reason TO register a little earlier! Thanks!

GIL :smiley16:

Haha, For Some. :smiley2:

I'd almost guarantee that I would forget my badges, etc. until I had driven more than 3 hours from home... :smiley29: Hehe

Looking fwd to the Con!

Yep! That's why I will pre-register, but not until about a month out. I want my credentials waiting for me when I get there!

By the way....will there be the traditional PAPER registration forms in the next Journal? I checked the first issues this year, and while they include the 2pg ad for the Nats, I didn't see any registration forms. I'm an old school kinda guy, so I'm waiting for one of those forms to copy, fill out, and send in!

I for one am happy everything can be done online, especially the Master model sheet and description forms. Most Clubs in Region 1 have their data sheets available to download and write up before you get to the event, so you can just pay the entrance fee and get to the vendors without having to worry about writing out the sheets.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep! That's why I will pre-register, but not until about a month out. I want my credentials waiting for me when I get there!

By the way....will there be the traditional PAPER registration forms in the next Journal? I checked the first issues this year, and while they include the 2pg ad for the Nats, I didn't see any registration forms. I'm an old school kinda guy, so I'm waiting for one of those forms to copy, fill out, and send in!

Gil, if I were you, I would not count on it. Here is the link that I found for the form. http://www.ipmsusa2014.com/2014_IPMS-USA_Convention_Registration_Form.pdf

Mike