New website for modelers who do commission work

pzcreations

Hey folks...just wanted to promote our new site if I may..being a modeler who does alot of commission work myself, Ive decided to create a site to help promote modelers like myself...thats currently free advertising. Hopefully some will find it useful , and perhaps bring you more work..in the meantime, I'll be working my butt off trying to bring in potential clients..also to note, this wont be limited to just model builders..this will be for sculptors..master makers..prototypers..etc

Currently its in its birthing stage..so right now its just me on there! and I need some company
http://www.promodelbuilders.net/

Looks like a good idea Tim. Have to think about it though....my experience with commissions is that it sucks the fun out of the hobby. But, it can also be rewarding, especially when you build for a vet!

GIL :smiley16:

• Like 1

Gil,

I hear you! Back in 1984 when I was stationed in the 11th ACR my apartment looked like an assembly line for the Tamiya M1 and M3 kits. Every body wanted a replica of the vehicle they were on. Did not burn me out of building but I can probably still assembly both those kits with my eyes closed.

Funny, I often did the same thing when I was a lieutenant in Germany. I built a good number of Tamiya M60A3, M1 and Esci M1s to look like our tanks for other guys. They buy or pay for the kits and I'd build them for fun.

• Like 1

I've also done a number of commission builds too; almost all of them cars interestingly enough. One guy was so impressed with the job I did that he paid me double the commission! I also built some models as gifts for some people: one was a hospital ship for a WWII Navy Nurse, the other was a Ford Model T for the stage manager of our play "Ragtime". (We had a full-sized Model T Ford that we had to manuever around backstage that was driven out a couple times during the play.)

• 3 weeks later...

Commission work is part of my business. I'll be checking on your site shortly. Incidentally, back in the late 60s and early 70, I built several hundred Revell 1/32 UH-1 and AH-1 models for Bell on an assembly line basis. At one point, I was turning out 12 a week! Also build models of all kinds for magazine articles. And I've done occasional architectural model, invention proof models, etc. Been building models as a hobby for 64 years and a business for 47. Believe it or not, I

still enjoy building, still get a kick out of it and look forward to starting another model.