yellowed decals

Zglossip

hey guys i just recently bought a Heller 1:72 scale Boch 150 off of eBay it is a really old model from the 1960 and 1970 but when i opened the box all the peices were there but the decals were yellowed. if anybody could tell me how to unyellow decals it would be appreciated .

The best way to un-yellow decals is to throw them away and buy new ones. No, seriously, pitch them. If they are that old, even if you de-yellow them, they will necessitate an overcoat of some sort to keep them from shattering when they hit the water and with that overcoat, they will be even thicker than they are now and old decals can be pretty thick with all the ills that can bring. I'm a nostalgia modeler (I build old kits), so I've had my share of yellowed decals ot deal with. Go to any of the on-line hobby shops (preferably your local one, actually) and look for French decals. Believe me, it may cost a bit, but will save you much effort, head and heartache and will look better in the end anyway. And remember, you usually get enough decals to more than one a/c, so you can split the cost.