Bf-109E in Japan ...

Excellent Pawel! The Japanese did indeed test Germany's Me-109 and this model is a great example. All the best,

Mark

That's a first model in small collection - non-Japan planes with Hinomaru ... :-)

There is very interesting object from historical point of view.

They also tested a Ju-87A which I've wanted to do for several years now. Maybe one day I'll get it started.

I'll also add to that guys, an FW-190A-5 delivered in standard Luftwaffe colors to Japan in 1943. Best,

Mark

Yes, that's true. Ju87 was in early camouflage. And they bought 2 planes with. One of them was in hangar in 1945.

Fw-190 A-5 was in early version. It was compared in mockup fights with captured P-51. Many facts are in japanese sources. I.e. I found japanese documentation from construction analyses Bf-109.

Tachikawa Test Center JAAF has many secrets. :-)

This is pre-war German grey with hinomaru. The model is a trial of reconstruction from Japanese diplomate's photo. It was probably corrected photo and it was a gift for that diplomate in Berlin. We have only information about selling He 112 to Japan, and that "post card" from japanese embassy in Berlin. The planes were bought in the same reason as Seversky fighter - to protect japanese airfields in China against fast russian/chinese bombers Tupolev SB-2.

Many russian sources confirm that facts.

Edited by PawelP