Chief Cornplanter Bust

ajlafleche

Here is the United Empires Miniatures 1/10 bust of the Seneca war chief Kaintwakon ( Cornplanter or By What One Plants) and by his given name John Abeel, Jr., as sculpted by Carl Reid. Kaintwkon was the son of a white father and a Seneca woman, and given the matriarchal lineage of the Senecas, was considered a member of the tribe. He lived from about 1750 to 1836 He fought with the British in both the French and Indian (Seven Years) War and in the American Revolution. In later life he maintained contact with the Quakers but became disillusioned with the treatment of his people by the Americans.

The bust is based on a painting done in 1796 by Frederic Bartoli. Various reprinting show different shades to the clothing and feathers.

Cornplanter.jpg

The bust, seen at the link below is painted in Vallejo and other acrylics with ModelMaster Aluminum Buffing Metalizer in the silver jewelry and presented on a base from Birch Tree Enterprises of Long Island.

Kaintwakon

Edited by ajlafleche

Hi, Al,

Absolutely fabulous! You make history come alive with work like this. Figures like this are never available at the LHS. Do you recall your source for this bust model?

Ed

Thanks, Edward. I bought this from Chuck at The Red Lancer at either the Long Island Show or MFCA, The website is http://www.redlancers.com/

When I've ordered from them online, the order has gotten to me in a few days to a week, from PA to MA.

Edited by ajlafleche