SEVERAL SOVIET AIRCRAFT BUILDS

papasmurf

IIRC, I couldn't find decals for this, either. The markings looked simple enough, so I picked up a couple of sheets of green decal film (one lighter sheet for the topside 'faded' look), cut out the squares and circles, spun up my courage and hand-painted the funky numerals. It probably still needs some stencils. Yeah...next time.

I always thought of these jets as 'cat food.' I'm sure you remember why.

Good idea. I may have to try that too. Yeah, I have a couple 'cats that need alot more food too. I'd love to do a complete series of 'cat food'.

Very effective Von, really does "blend" the whole image together very nicely, well done! :smiley20:

Thanx for that! "I'd rather be lucky than good", so the other secret part of my photo formula is to take a whole bunch of pix at different angles and settings, keep the good ones and pitch the rest. That ratio changes with each effort.

CHEERS!

Von_L

Good idea. I may have to try that too. Yeah, I have a couple 'cats that need alot more food too. I'd love to do a complete series of 'cat food'.

I gather "Kitty" decided to nibble on one of your creations, or I'm I totally off there.

Funny story to share. Used to have a HUGE great Dane named "Thunder", marvelous beast, fearsome looking, but just my big baby. Anyways, we played frisbee a lot with those pattern design "cheapie" discs, as Thunder ate several a month. One day, in the Studio, I was working on the Primary Saucer's, upper pattern paint scheme, of an Ertl Enterprise "C". for a client.

I had set the Pana-vice to loosely and the wind passing through the Studio, had both Doors open, swept it onto a sailing, downward arc...yep...you see it now don't you? Looked a heck of a lot like one of those "Funky" Frisbee's to Thunder, who liked hanging around the Studio while I worked. :wub:

I had gone in the main house for a moment, returned, no Saucer section??? :huh:

Looked around front, nothing, then, in the back.......the "Beast" had already shredded it to strips and bits. :blink:

What could I say? He just mistook it for our usual flinging disc toy. :lol:

That is why, the Enterprise "C" is known around the Studio as, "Dog Food"! :smiley17:

That's pretty much what came to mind when you guys mentioned modeling and cat food at the same time.

I could be wrong....... :smiley25:

Now, anybody got some more Soviet goodies to post?

Laughing...

The 'cat food' reference is to a couple of incidents in 1981 & 1986 where the US Navy's Tomcats had Mo Khaddaffi's Air Force for lunch, vis-a-vis the "Line of Death" in the Gulf of Sidra. There were a couple such incidents where the Cold War kinda warmed up. These make especially interesting model subjects - and great reminders that it was serious bid'ness for all concerned.

Laughing...

The 'cat food' reference is to a couple of incidents in 1981 & 1986 where the US Navy's Tomcats had Mo Khaddaffi's Air Force for lunch, vis-a-vis the "Line of Death" in the Gulf of Sidra. There were a couple such incidents where the Cold War kinda warmed up. These make especially interesting model subjects - and great reminders that it was serious bid'ness for all concerned.

I remember that! He was spoutin' that idiotic "Line of Death", and "Ye shall not pass" bit, and looked like the fool he was, OK, gotcha!

qaddafi-crop.jpg

Mo saluting his Planes as they crash into the Sea! :smiley29:

moe2.gif

His American Cousin upon hearing the news!