after market parts for the hobby boss M4 tractor

Ronald

Hello there

does anyone know if there is a after market kit for the back end of the Hobby boss M4 high speed tractor to replace the hitch that would allow to hook up the AFV 155mm long tom dolly

and the after market parts for the AFV 155mm Long Tom cannon, and while I'm the subject of the AFV long tom cannon how come there isn't a single post on the AFV 155mm long tom cannon thank you

P.S. I could use some help on the AFV Long tom as well

Ronald

Edited by Ronald

Ron,

The HST I do not believe there is much out there. Eduard is the only stuff I know of. For the Long TomCheck out Scalemates for AM stuff available.

• Like 1

thanks Mark

I have e-mail Tim at scalemates for help about Both kits but he hasn't replied back would you know if the folks at scalemates would reply back

Ronald

M4 HST.

There are several Eduard sets - interior/exterior (36072), doors (36073), and engine/mesh (36070) as well as Archer interior decals (35274). You can read a build review of all these here on IPMS:

http://www.ipmsusa3.org/reviews2/mil-veh/details/eduard_35_hst-details/eduard_35_hst-details.htm

I do not understand the hitch question - the HST was designed to draw the 155mm/8in with dolly/limber and the hitch is just fine as is. Might you be confusing this with the Mack NO which had a special "hitch" to pull the 155 without a limber/dolly (that is to "semitrailer" it) ?

As to the AFV Club Long Tom (and it is a post-WW2 configuration, BTW).

There are two AM sets that I am aware of:

Eduard 35295 photoetch details

Master Productions 35019 155/8in Dolly & parts. This gives you the early dolly/limber, correct WW2 wheels, and small number of gun detailing or replacement parts - it is resin. Well worth it, even if you keep the kit limber.

Here is a very cursory build article: http://www.ecpmod.com/Articles/article64.html

I think the actual full build is somewhere on FSM 7 or 8 years ago.

Hello there John

I never said there was anything wrong with the hitch as is but it be really great looking if the hitch would open to accept the 155mm Long Tom cannon dolly, since you seem to be an export on the two kits would you know if there are after market parts for the cannon, I was wondering how come no one has made an after market kit for the hitch part that is all

Ronald

Hi Ronald,

I misunderstood your question. The kit hitch has a nice opening, it would be easy to remove a chunk, put the limber hitch in and reglue it. Or even carve up some styrene and make one, using some wire for the hinge. This vehicle hasn't had a Voyager/Legend completely functional PE set made for it, probably fortunately in my case else I'd be tempted to do another.

As to aftermarket for the Long Tom, see my post, it is listed there.

Hi John

I found out that the Mack no 7 ton truck pulled

the 155mm long Tom cannon Is it true does it matter I. would think that the M4. Would be correct for that size gun

and. If the Mack 7 TON truck is right where

can. I find a 1/35 scale model of that truck

Ronald

Edited by Ronald

Hi Ronald,

Please see my first reply to you. Yes, the Mack NO was the (only) other prime mover for the 155mm Long Tom. Because the Long Tom, with limber was too long (not too heavy) for the Mack NO to tow safely, it had a special hoist and tow pintle to hold the Long Tom's trails -- what is called "semitrailering" The Mack NO could haul the 8in with limber because the combination was short enough.

mack_no_3.jpg

mack-20towing.jpeg

The only Mack NO kit that I am aware of is a resin kit from ADV/Azimut - here is their website: http://www.azimutproductions.com/

But I do not see the Mack NO listed any more - you might have to try E-bay.