Another Oldie- Curtiss BF2C-1

aAzZ09

007_zpsa9fb4c5d.jpg001_zps6aad59bd.jpg006_zps851d2395.jpg

Edited by aAzZ09
  • Like 1

Great build of a classic plane and kit Mark!

By the way, Lonestar models is soon to release a conversion kit to backdate THAT kit back to the earlier F-11C-2 (or BFC) with the fixed gear. :smiley20: I may have to spring for that one myself, as the Goshawk is one of my absolutely favorite golden age planes!

GIL :smiley16:

Many thanks Gil. I'm interested in the F11C-2 myself. If you see the conversion kit before I do, let me know. I'll be on the lookout. Again, many thanks,

Mark

Very nice model. I have a couple of float planes waiting to be built. I ordered a couple of Airfix kits from Squadron. A Kingfisher and a Grumman Duck (both in 1/72 scale). I have an Accurate Miniatures 1/48 F3F-2 partially built. It was one of the first kits I started when I got back into modeling. I really was not ready for such an undertaking. The plane is not beyond hope and I am sure I can finish it.

Beautiful Mark, even after all these years! You should come up for the NCT ScaleFest contest as Lonestar Models is one of our vendors. It would be great to catch up with friends as well!

And on a somewhat related note, I saw the kit has been reissued with a $55 pricetag!

Why? Same markings and boxart.

There are plenty to be had at local shows for $10-20. Maybe I need to jack the one I have up to $40 so I can show how much cheaper is it off retail. Hmmmmmm

Many thanks guys! I owe all of you credit. I have been surrounded by great talent here at IPMS for the last 34 years and I guess it rubbed off on me. Best,

Mark