1/25 scale AMT Bulldozer needed for reasonable price.

ipmsusa2

The title says it all. I have an article scheduled showing the construction of the AMT bulldozer. I proposed the subject for the simple fact that I built one back in the 70s or so. It was

heavily weathered...including real dirt/mud...and the subject of another article. Since I'd already done an article on it, I figured I could pick up a kit off of ebay for a reasonable

price to do step by step photos, then combine it with new photos of my existing bulldozer.

Foolish me! When I checked ebay...after committing myself...I found prices ranging all the way from $65 - $120 and up. Hopefully one of you happens to have a kit in a beat up

box that I could buy for a reaonable price. Hint: $65 ain't reasonable in this case, considering what the magazine pays. Of course I would certainly mention your name as the

source.

If one of y'all can help me, my direct email is tennexican at gmail dot com.

Richard Marmo

Hi, Richard,

You are in luck. I have three of these bulldozers all in mint condition in excellent boxes. I am keeping the one that was packaged by AMT along with the Loadcraft Lowboy trailer as a set. For the other two, the original issue kit has the Caterpillar D8H graphics and the correct grille hole spacing and arrangement, but these are peel-and-stick stickers rather than decals. The more recent reissue is a generic "bulldozer" because AMT did not apparently want to pay Caterpillar for the licensing again; this kit is in the shrink wrap unopened and the front grille holes artwork was changed so as not to look like or be called a D8H.

Anyway, I have a set of decals that were custom made for the Caterpillar D8H and for the correct front grille holes for each of these three kits, so a corrected decal will come with the kit. I do not even remember what these cost.

Because it is for a good cause and will be built, I'll let one of the two (your choice) go for $50, including the shipping. PM me if you are interested and with your mailing address. Who can say no to a guy who has IPMS #2?

Ed