FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! Gimel

Mark Aldrich

After YEARS of promises and promises, it looks like we will FINALLY get a Shot Kal Gimel in plastic!!!!!!!

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/afvclub.html

I know little about armor (tracked vehicles) and I have never heard of this one. What is so great about it that everyone has it on their wish list? Or is this an obscure variant of a more common tank that I have heard of? I'm just curious about the excitement here. :huh:

Ed

Ed,

As a bona fide TreadHead and the MEWSIG leader, I can lay some History on you! The Shot Kal is nothing more than a Beefed up Centurion. Much like the Magach 3/6/7 series the IDF covered the tanks with Blazer Armor packs. In kit form, The M60 has been covered by Academy/Minicraft and ESCI/Italeri. Over the years, several companies and cottage industries have promised a Blazer covered Cent! Until last year, that had still not been fulfilled. Legends (and AEF Designs) were the only ones to assist. Legends first Generations were based on the old Tamiya kit and basically you threw away the turret and upper hull and paid an arm and a leg for the conversions. Also.....these were RESIN. Last year Legends again stood up and gave us two conversions for use with the AFV Club release. These were the Dalet ($45) and Gimel ($45) and still made of resin. If AFV Club holds true, this will be the first Blazer equipped Cent since I became a MEW fanatic in plastic. Course, the whole AFV Club five sided turret assembly still puts a damper on my joy.

Mark