Bill Foote, Billings MT: New Member.

Hello fellow modelers! My name is Bill, I am 46 and I live in Billings Montana. After a long hiatis I have returned to modeling. I will build just about anything, but I mostly build aircraft, naval ships, and cars/trucks. I am a disabled veteran with 2 teenage children that I raise by myself. You can imagine that finding time to build is a challenge but I have more time now that the kids are older. I found out about IPMS/USA while reading an article in Finescale Modeler magazine. I thought it would be great to connect with fellow builders. Billings is pretty big (population around 105,000) but it is still pretty remote out here in Montana. Of course I would not have it any other way!

I am not building contest quality models (yet!) but I have been building up my workbench for a couple of years and I have a small "kit stash" to build on. I am looking forward to "speaking" with others in the community that enjoy our hobby.

Hey Bill,

I'm a Montana Boy. I grew up in Great Falls. While I live down south now I still make it back to Montana from time to time, most recently in August of 2013. Did a swing through Butte, Helena, Bozeman, Billings (Yea!) and out to Pompey's Pillar and the Little Bighorn Battlefield Natl. Mon. Headed south by doing the Beartooth Scenic Drive over Beartooth Pass.

Welcome aboard and thanks to FSM for their positive impact on IPMS and on the hobby in general. Be sure to post some images of your current projects!

Bill,

Welcome! Since you don't have a club in that BIG HUGE STATE you call home, you can come hang with the Green Dragons anytime you want. If you facebook, we even have a page!

Mark

Welcome aboard Bill! Best wishes and happy modeling,

Mark

I am really hoping I get the latest journal listed. I have the 1/48 Academy MH-53E Sea Dragon in my kit stash. I managed to get it on clearance about a year ago, but I wanted to "get back in the game" a little more before I tried to build it. The article "Detailing a Dragon" in that issue is just what I need to give me some ideas for building it. If I do not receive that issue, is there any way to obtain back issues?

Yes, there is. Just contact the National Office Manager, MJ Kinney at mj@ipmsusa.org

Thanks to all for the information. :smiley14: I built a couple of cars last year (an MPC 1976 Chevy Impala and a Revell 1971 Barricuda) to get back into the swing of things. I even built a "Pirate Ship" model my kids got me for Christmas. I took some creative license on that one. I will post some pics on the appropriate forum topic soon.