Revell Customer Service????

Mark Aldrich

Getting peeved about this. Many Moons ago I contacted them via the website requesting three parts from a 1955 Pontiac Modified. No parts arrived and no communication as to whether the parts were available or not. Two weeks ago I contacted them again about a missing truck part and again I have received no communication as to whether the part is available or not or whether they may be sending it. Is this standard practice? Has anyone had a good experience and how did it go?

Mark - I did not know that Revell ever did a kit of a 1955 Pontiac Modified? This time period for GM, Pontiac's, Buick's, Old's, Caddy's and of coarse Chevy's I think is the best design's of that era. Also what type of modified? Nascar racers in 1955 were truly stock Stock Cars with almost no safety equipment in them.

Dannie,

I could be wrong about the make and model. Car kits are still confusing to me. I am selling over 3000 car kits for a friend and this kit was missing three engine parts. I had the instructions and knew the parts numbers when I placed the request. When I get home, I will modify my post for the proper item. It is still sitting with the other......"SELL AS IS" kits.

Mark - A Collection that large may have a lot of kits that are out of production. model Cars Magazine web site has a place for Sale, Trade or wants list on Models and Parts. You would need to list the Manufacturer, Kit Number and parts number with description of parts need and you probably will get a fairly quick reply. Hope this helps.

It was a 1957 Chevy Sportsman. I was interested in Revell's customer service experiences. I can call Tamiya USA and I know when I get off the phone whether or not I am going to be getting the part.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

I whacked up a 1/48th T-6 wing awhile ago. I used their customer service web site and found the place to get parts. I think the kit needs to be somewhat newly produced or not years and years out of production. Anyway, I got the part in about two weeks. No hassles, just what I thought...good service. Did the same thing on a 1/32 Tornado canopy; again no problems. That came quickly also. I even sent them back a note on how good their service was.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Bill

Thanks! The problem expands because the truck kit is a Revell of Germany offering and that means...

1. If the part is available it can take 8-12 weeks to arrive.

2. How hard can it be to figure out whether the part is available and email me stating that?????

I can't complain about Revell's service. I just had them ship me a part I needed in less than two weeks. I even told them I had simply lost it and would be happy to pay for a replacement, but they charged me nothing. The only correspondence I received was auto-confirmation of my form submission, and email that it had shipped (which I received the day it arrived in the mail lol)

Keep in mind that email is a notoriously unreliable form of communication and, if all else fails, pick up the phone.