ICM's 1/48th Spitfire LF.IX E (S-89)

ICM's Spitfire LF.IX E is slowly approaching completion. The camo on the upper surfaces has been completed and today will see the underside of the aircraft cleaned up and completed....followed by the yellow on the outer leading edges of the wings. Much more remains, gear, canopy, getting the barrels of the armament in alignment (that's been an issue on this kit), and then decals.

SpitfireLFIXES-89ICM4806448thcamodone.jp

Thanks for the kind words. It's getting there. More work on the Spit today...hopefully can begin giving it a clear coat in preparation for the decals. No rush though. The enjoyment for me is in the process of the build project. Every project provides some new lesson, some new level of skill that is reached. Finishing the kit is rewarding, especially if I increased my skill level during the build. Taking it to contests is fun because I get to share it with friends who provide an honest and direct feedback on what I did well, and what I need to focus on during the next project. And on occasion, I might get a 2nd or a 3rd, and the small amount of acclaim that brings provides motivation for the next project.