Decals...Gotta ask

Knowing that decal specifics are not released until the Convention itself, can I at least hope that non-aviation (read Armor and/or Automotive) subjects might be included along with the ever present 1/48 scale military aircraft subject?

Robert

Yes, given this is the 50th anniversary convention, our planning team felt it important to try and accommodate as many modelling subject areas as we could (within costs, licensing constraints etc). While we are still finalizing the sheet, and seeking sponsorship, registrants will see more than a single subject on the convention sheet. Hope that helps

• 2 months later...

But, will you ever use them? Chances are real high that the vast majority of the decals issued through the years were stuck away and forgotten about. There is now a special award just for the best use of Convention Decals, sponsored personally by some of the former National Officers.

I have decals back to 1982 and had not used any of them until last year when I was enticed into trying it. I used the 1982 decals and was fortunate enough to take home the award.

DSC_0662.jpg

I for one do plan on using all the ones I have in my scale. I do need to get caught up on all the current projects I have in progress though. I do still have a B-2 Stealth Bomber to build to replace the one stolen, and I have a convention decal set put aside for that model when I can get to it.