Iroquois Bust 1755

ajlafleche

Here is Stormtroopers Miniature’ 1/9 bust of an Iroquois as sculpted by Carl Reid. The warrior is depicted shortly after the defeat of General Braddock on the Monongahela in his expedition to capture Fort Duquesne, now known as Pittsburgh in 1755. The general was mortally wounded and his column took heavy casualties. The raiders, from a variety of tribes allied to the French, looted the abandoned supply train and casualties. Many took the coats as prizes and wore them proudly. In this case, the figure’s coat shows the colors of the 44th Regiment of Foot. He is painted primarily in Vallejo acrylics. The gorget was first covered in Bare Metal Foil then toned down with various washes. The base is cherry wood from Birch Tree Enterprises of Long Island.

IMG_0420-2.jpg

IMG_0419-1.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0415-1.jpg

IMG_0414-1.jpg

IMG_0413-1.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0411-1.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Edited by ajlafleche

Thanks guys.

Edward, Parts list:

Powder horn,

haversack.

right arm,

blanket roll.

musket/left hand,

roach/feathers,

beaded plume,

left arm,

head/torso,

two musket strap parts.

two earrings.

hatchet handle

One of the straps may have been missing or lost and I replaced it with lead foil. There was length of fine solder for the powder horn holder. I uses elastic thread instead and used a bit of the solder for the cap holder. There were minor gaps at the arm/shoulder connections that were easy to fill and a small mold line on the shoulders. The lower part of the blanket has strapping molded in place, but it didn't seem to connect to anything so I corrected this with a bit of foil. I thinned the earrings and added them with some of the solder. The hatchet handle was too long for my base so I cut that to size.

Edited by ajlafleche