Most Enjoyable.. Tamiya M48A3 with Legends Magach 3 ERA Conversion....

Tholian.jpg

Best paint Job...Tamiya F4U-1D painted as a IAF "What If" of the 105 Scorpions...Even with the paint issues, I think this is my best paint job.

15.jpg

Bestest...Hobby Boss M3a1 Scout Car, ADV IDF Sandwich Car Conversion, and lots of scratch.

100_6700_zpsa56fdb3a.jpg

Very subjective...but the two I'm proudest of are....

028.jpg

1/48 ID vacuform P-3 Orion

100_2453.jpg

1/32 CollectAire resin T-28C.

Both of those took a great amount of re-engineering and scratchbuilding to get 'em done. They may not be my BEST models from the standpoint of IPMS "judging", but they're a couple of my best efforts, and relatively unique.

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Amodel Il-76

P5110007.jpg

Academy B-17B

IMG_1614.jpg

Williams Brothers C-46 with Draw Decals

IMG_1502.jpg

Edited by barryw

Guest PetrolGator

I'll start mine off with my Best in Show from Lafayette. This is a 1/350 Dragon USS Laffey, using GMM's PE set, Master Models 20mm guns, and hairspray technique to weather up the hull. I'm going to lift her from the water some day and give her a much better home in a new base that suits the kit better. I've learned a lot since making this.

598576_10104123508732261_1031393383_n_zp.

Newest and my favorite I've done: 1/700 Combrig Tiger with Artist Hobby's insane PE set. There's a little scratch and a lot of patience in this.

1524820_10104867651154881_2137198480_n_z

1/700 Orange Hobby Graf Zeppelin, also known as my biggest headache. I was experimenting with the water on this one and almost wrecked a great kit. This was also my first resin kit.

1557554_10104608067108391_593775417_n_zp

Gil, you are justified in calling that Orion your best! Way to go!

Mark. all of those are tremendous works of art and realism.

Barry, what scale is that Anigrand Il-76? I would love one of those in 1/72 scale! You did fantastic as you did on the other two! I have one of those Williams Bros. kits of the C-46; I hope mine comes out half as good as yours!

Chris, I have run out of words to express my total awe at your small fleet! Short of Dora; I'll be hard pressed to find any "bests" in my collection that come close to any of these masterful works! I will make my best effort later on though....

That's some top notch work guys! Chris, I think the Laffey looks great as is. I wouldn't try "improving" it if I were you! If it's the base that bothers you, I'd suggest getting some simple wooden molding and outlining it with that, ala "frame" style. And Barry, that B-17B....be still my beating heart! :smiley27: I just love shiny Golden Age airplanes! :smiley20:

Thanks for the compliments Gil...There are not many planes that are that shiny, but the B-17 B's and C's were so I just went for it.

Mark: The Ilyushin is !/72. Not an easy build (And, I'm editing the caption...It's Amodel, not Anigrand). I'm just over in Culver City if you want to stop by and have a look.

Thanks Barry! I would love to see it someday. We'll have to make arrangements for that someday. I'm in Rowland Heights so it would be a bit of a drive. That really is a great looking model!

Ok, aircraft, armor and ships. I guess someone has to throw a car up here. Might as well be me.

This was built several years ago and it is my best to date. What is actually my best? The one that is currently on the bench!

Lowfron.jpg

cockpithighright.jpg

spareengine2.jpg

front21.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

Edited by PeteJ

Guest PetrolGator

Man, there are some QUALITY builds on here.

I think we should start making each theme a single thread like this. We could compile the pictures on the main website, perhaps? It'd make for a GREAT archive!

Guest PetrolGator

Sadly, no, no it's not. ;)

2013-porsche-cayenne_100405475_h.jpg

porsche_panamera_black.jpg

I mean, these look like Dr Frankenstein spliced a Porsche with a mid 90's car SPECIFICALLY to make something unholy. Now, Pete's Porsche? THAT is a thing of beauty.

For me, it has to be the 1/72 Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat.

hellcat3_zpsac7ad049.jpg

Second best, just because of the shear amount of effort it took, and the "just missed" results in a few places, is the Airfix 1/48 B2 Canberra.

canberra_zps30b365ab.jpg

Rick L.

Gee, do I have to limit myself to two or three?

How about my...

Best Aircraft: Revell Wright Flyer, box scale:

CivilianWrightFlyerI.jpg

Best Civilian Vehicle: Christie Fire Truck, 1/12 scale

1911ChristieFireTruckI.jpg

Best Military Ship: USS Nimitz, 1/500 scale

USSJohnCStennisI.jpg

Best Civilian Ship: Chinese Junk, unknown scale

ChineseJunkMainDeck_zps01b53740.jpg

ChineseJunkIII_zpsde3534e7.jpg

And Best Armored Vehicle (also Best Overall) Dora Railgun, 1/72 scale

German80cmKESchwereKanoneDoraV_zpsc933a8

Those are my best, so far. Enjoy!

Rick: that's a masterful finish on that Hellcat. If you hadn't stated 1/72, I'd have sworn it was at least 1/48!

Duke: So many to be proud of, but what strikes me is the wide variety pf genres that you've beaten into submission! The Dora is impressive, bu the fire engine is my favorite!

I'll add mine...........000_0001_zpsb8f2191b.jpg

Mark, that is spectacular! I would swear I'm looking at a real one! I am stunned at the flawlessness of that finish.

Mark, the Dora is an impressive beast. Saw it in Colorado. Wish I had made contact with you there so you could divulge all its secrets before I someday dive into mine.

Rick L.

Thanks Rick. I did give quite the tutorial to a few people out there at the Nationals. I had my instruction booklet there so it was easy to go through step-by-step and point out things that needed to be watched for. One major thing for me was that I went through before the build and wrote myself some notes saying things like "Paint here" or "add decals here" or other such notes to remind myself to get that done before moving on so I wouldn't miss anything further along.

Duke: So many to be proud of, but what strikes me is the wide variety of genres that you've beaten into submission! The Dora is impressive, but the fire engine is my favorite!

Thanks Gil! It kinda blows my reputation that I only build small scale! Still, I love to build whatever catches my eye. I'd been wanting that Fire Engine since I was a wee lad, so when I finally found it, I snapped it up. It was one of those kits that scared me when I opened the box; but I sure had fun building it. I had taken it to an IPMS library display that my club put on some time back and the local newspaper took a picture of my model and put it on the main page of the article they were doing for our display. One guy came to the display thinking that the Christie was a full-sized Fire Engine on display. He was even more stunned when he saw it was only a model!

Thanks again for the great replies guys!

Many thanks Gil. It was a real workout after 955 hours of time. Here's another......009_zpsac9f407a.jpg