Transport To/From Airport?

Gene

The closest airport to the hotel and venue is Patrick Henry (PHF). Because Hampton is serviced by two airports and given the miriad carriers and arrival times it was impossible to provide a show-sponsored shuttle or transportation service. That said, all I can recommend is ride-sharing... maybe post here on the forums for someone in a similar position who may want to split the fare.

Tom Jett

The closest airport to the hotel and venue is Patrick Henry (PHF).

Thanks, Tom, but I would think that most arrivals, by far, would/will be to Norfolk (ORF).

... it was impossible to provide a show-sponsored shuttle or transportation service.

Understandable - that would have been over and above.

I was just hopeful there was a reasonable way, but it appears not. Close to $60 one way is ... well, over-the-top, and something I hadn't considered in my planning. If I could cancel my airline ticket without penalty, I would (and drive).

In that regard, I think it would be helpful to include a note to potential attendees up front, -- and that should a notice be a recommendation for future Nationals!

Gene K

For $120 r/t in a cab, you could probably rent a car for the time you're there and at least have that convenience as a consolation. In addition, you could save money on tours as you would not have to pay for those. You could drive yourself to those destinations.

Edited by Ron Bell

From the experience of having a my son attend school there, I can attest that transportation from Norfolk to the Peninsula is very pricey. Rental cars, on the other hand, tend to be relatively inexpensive.

From the experience of having a my son attend school there, I can attest that transportation from Norfolk to the Peninsula is very pricey. Rental cars, on the other hand, tend to be relatively inexpensive.

Thanks - I should have done my homework! Surely someone must have posted something about this before!

Gene K

All I can add to this is that IF you plan to rent a car for the Nats, RESERVE IT NOW! Since it appears that renting will be the cheapest transportation from the airports, look for those cars to rented out if you wait til show time.

GIL :smiley16:

• 1 month later...

Gene,

If you rent a car - another though for your consideration-

Post your arrival and departure times here and offer a ride to other attendees.

I certainly think anyone taking advantage of your offer (and opportunity) would be willing to offer and/or pay you a few $$ Compensation.

GOOD LUCK and have a SAFE TRIP,