AEC Mk.I

freddietello

I had to choose which AEC kit form Miniart should I start first and I thought that the Mk.I version was pretty atractive so here it is.

The model is a jewel, plenty of fine details, photoetched, and many delicate parts that will ensure a crispy detailed model, outside and inside.

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

The different colours primers are perfect to continue with the lights and weathering without having to apply a second "base" layer. If I had used a neutral grey primer I would have to airbrush a second paint layer of the proper colour.

IMG_2183.JPG

Pigments are essential for a dusty and weathered finish.

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

Again, using a proper primer is very useful to avoid appying a second layer.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q_Gy8JdbHpo/UuPvDxSCpII/AAAAAAAAMv8/5rSCzt8Jxk8/s1600/IMG_2265.JPG

base and filter for the pneumatics

IMG_2296.JPG

Ready for shadowing and weathering

IMG_2299.JPG

A filter with ivory colour to modulate the base colour will give the Portalnd Stone 64 tone average.

IMG_2740.jpg

Some chipping with a sponge usinf the stencilling technique.

IMG_2758.jpg

And some washes to shadow some details

IMG_2795.jpg

For the Besa gun i used a silver base and further black acrylic washes to achieve the dark metal gun colour.

IMG_2816.jpg

For the details like the gas cans, fire extinguishers, etc I used model Air colour applied with brush. For the periscopes lenses I used a silver base and later a traslucent Smoke and Blue wash.

IMG_2817.jpg

In the end I decided to close the rear doors andlower the driver door to let the turret turn freely. Now all that is lef is to paint some stains and add a bit of stowage.

IMG_2831.jpg

Federico Collada

Excellent work Federico, I found this model challenging, since the many small parts, but indeed is a jewel.

Finished, the accesories came from Miniart, MIG, Artesanía Latina, Resicast, etc.

IMG_2905.JPG

IMG_2936.JPG

IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

The map is the one used in the tripoli area by both British and then US troops and you can download the whole collection of maps of the African campaign here

http://www.fcmodeltips.com/2013/10/mapas-ingleses-campana-de-africa-4-y.html