1970 Hemi 'Cuda

cruz

Very nice Cruz! That car and many others from the Muscle Car Era bring back many memories! Though I don't build cars, I still admire them.I used to race several of the real things back then as a gearhead, unknowing just how valuable those cars would become. Gasoline was certainly cheap at 29 cents a gallon in our area of Dallas where I original came from, so you could do a lot of "cruising" and not go broke between each fill-ups. Best,

Mark

Lovely, as always Marcos! I can't quite nail down the color though.....gunmetal, or some other dark shade but less-than-black? Also, the vinyl roof looks great (and very period too). Is it just painted, or did you have to augment (texture) it to improve the look? Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Lovely, as always Marcos! I can't quite nail down the color though.....gunmetal, or some other dark shade but less-than-black? Also, the vinyl roof looks great (and very period too). Is it just painted, or did you have to augment (texture) it to improve the look? Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks guys. The color is black, it was photographed in my light booth but I will have to work with the lighting to see if I can get the right colors. I usually take pictures outside in natural lighting but it's been nasty outside the last couple of days. The texture of the roof was simulated simply by shooting the color far away from the subject; this creates heavy orange peel which is what you should go for when simulating vinyl tops.....

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful work. My dad built up one those when I was teenager. He painted it metallic brown in our garage. Unfortunately he sod it before I was old enough to drive. A real bummer for me to say the least. Thanks for posting it.

• 3 weeks later...