1940 Ford Street Rod

cruz

This model was built for a review in Scale Auto Magazine a few Month's back. Nothing was added, basically an out of box build. Paint is simply Testor's enamel flat yellow as the basecoat and Testor's Wet Look Lacquer clear over it, wet sanded, polished and waxed.

evell40FordSAreviewproject2003-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

evell40FordSAreviewproject2004-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

evell40FordSAreviewproject2002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

evell40FordSAreviewproject2012-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

evell40FordSAreviewproject2016-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

evell40FordSAreviewproject2019-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

evell40FordSAreviewproject2015-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Slick! Absolutely looks like that finish was poured on! I'm guessing most, if not all of the chrome was redone with Alclad?

Also, please elaborate on your finishing technique...

Wet sanded with what? How many steps? Polished with what? Waxed with what? Inquiring and envious minds need to know! :smiley2: Thanks!

GIL :smiley16:

Man...that looks GREAT. A beautiful job Cruz! Did using the flat yellow under the gloss enable you to shoot less coats of the gloss? Man...that's a very clean build.

Thanks Gary. I like using flat colors for my base whenever possible. They lay down much thinner and with much less orange peel so the wetsanding process is facilitated. They also preserve the small and subtle details of the body making it even easier when the time comes to add bare metal foil.

Man...that looks GREAT. A beautiful job Cruz! Did using the flat yellow under the gloss enable you to shoot less coats of the gloss? Man...that's a very clean build.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...