1/35 Tamiya King Tiger Porsche Turret

catdude01

Hello:

Here is one of my latest kit that I received from my lovely wife as a gift at the IPMS ORLANDO NATIONALS in 2012. The old king tiger Porsche turret from tamiya. For this project I bought the following aftermarkets:

1. Mirage resin zimmerit

2. photoetched grilled set

3. friulmodel metal tracks

4. metal barrel.

I started working with the metal tracks, see the pictures. Then I work with the resin.

• 1 month later...

Indeed I did and it was worthy, my second show and its was great! so many wonderful works, I took near 600 pictures! Colorado its beautiful and the people are very kind.

I didn't bring any award (my little girl did, with the Hello Kitty Blackbird) but doesn't matter, I make good friends and bring back good experiences and some goodies!
You like it? this tank have some history, I was with my wife at Nationals in Orlando and I saw it in the hands of Hobby Link Japan guys but I left it there. I continue looking stuff around in other places and my wife went back with it as a surprise for me.
This buddy is again in the workbench, need to change the decals for better ones and tooling for photo-etched parts.
Here I put some of the pictures of the event (292) : http://www.ipmsborinqueneers.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=14989685
If you can send me pictures of this one, please do it at: webmaster@ipmsborinqueneers.com thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I'm working on a new Tiger, this time the Zimmerit version of Dragon. Pictures coming soon!