Guest PetrolGator

It'll be cold, according to the weather. HOPEFULLY, we won't get that ice storm. I'm not sure I'm going to be willing to drive with my not ice storm ready car.

Guest PetrolGator

(FYI: 60/39 on Saturday, 0% chance of rain. It appears that Thursday night will be the worst, with a hard freeze possible. Friday night will be cold, but conditions aren't going to be BAD, thankfully.)

Just consider the reward awaiting you at the event....a big steaming bowl of Gumbo!

Guest PetrolGator

All joking aside, you all from Texas be safe. It's supposed to sleet and freeze Friday and most of we Southerners have NO idea how to drive on the stuff.

Guest PetrolGator

Matt,

With road closures all over the place, will CALMEX postpone until later in the day, by chance, for enrollees? I don't imagine roads will be reopened until late morning, at the earliest.

Dispite temperatures in the upper 20's....

Dispite traffic jams worthy of the George Washington Bridge Lane Closure issue....

Dispite full hotels/motels caused by motorists stranded due to the above causes.....

IPMS SWAMP hosted another in a long line of successful and very enjoyable CALMEX contests. Thanks to the folks on IPMS SWAMP, and the 3 hr traffic jam I was stuck in was washed away with the first bite of the gumbo served at lunch.

The models were outstanding, the vendor room was full, and the crowd was lively and full of humor.

Thanks Guys! See you next year!

• Like 1

Thanks to every one who braved the horrible weather conditions to make it to the show.It was a good one despite the weather.It goes to show you we will go to a contest no matter the conditions.Thanks again!!!!!