Need Airbrush Help

ClareWentzel

I use a Sotar 20-20 for most of my work. Recently, it has been giving me some problems. The spray volume seems to be less and I will get some larger squirts. I have taken it apart and cleaned all of the parts but I am still seeing some problems. Occasionally I will see some bubbles in the paint cup. I, obviously am getting some air leakage the wrong way.

The diagram of the brush shows a part described as a “Teflon Nozzle Washer” toward the front of the brush. If I replace this part, will it fix my brush? Comments welcome. Thanks.

99% of the problems I've ever had with an airbrush are at the nozzle. Large squirts may be due to moisture in the line that builds up and then comes flying out of the nozzle. I always use a water separator. The other part is that either your air cap/nozzle isn't on tight enough causing back pressure, or your seal is bad as you asked. That's what's causing you to get back pressure and bubbles. A bit of bee's wax around the nozzle threads will help too.

Here's a link to a tutorial I did about airbrush maintainence if it helps you. Any other questions feel free to ask or send me a message.

http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/topic/11946-cleaning-and-maintaining-an-airbrush/

• 1 month later...