79th Highlander In The Crimea

JHockett

Just getting started on this one. 54mm Latorre figure. The face is mostly complete and shading is started on the jacket. The highlights on the jacket are not as harsh on reality as they look in the pics.

front-1.jpg

back.jpg

Jim

Yeah, but he's got the easy part done. The pain w Highland figures is the sett. Nice job, hope you have it finished in time for Columbus

I've tried this type of model other than pilot figures in aircraft. Looks good so far.

Chris

Thanks for the kind comments. Mike, I have to disagree a little. I find the hose to be more of a pain than the kilt. The pleats in the back of the kilt can hide a multitude of sins, but the hose are generally visible all the way around, so everthing has to line up correctly.

Jim

Just getting started on this one. 54mm Latorre figure. The face is mostly complete and shading is started on the jacket. The highlights on the jacket are not as harsh on reality as they look in the pics.

front-1.jpg

back.jpg

Jim

Great face. Highlanders can be a real pain especially the plaid and the stockings. Yu have a great start on a fine looking figure. Someone suggested using plaid paint but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Jack Kennedy

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good, Jim. As far as hose goes, that's why I like gaiters

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...I'm a rookie when it comes to figs.

What do you prime it with if it is

Plastic?

Metal?

Resin?

Ok...I'm a rookie when it comes to figs.

What do you prime it with if it is

Plastic?

Metal?

Resin?

My answer to all of the above would be Tamiya Fine Surface Primer. Goes on really well, covers good, provides excellent adhesion for paint, and doesn't obscure detail.

Jim