Tamiya P-51d 1/48

GregWise

Nice work - thanks for sharing!

I'd also like to know what you used for the NMF - I have a project about ready for paint now that I'm going to have to experiment with. (never really worked with natural metal finishes before)

Never get tired of looking at Mustangs. Good work thanks for sharing it.

Chris

Great work...

NMF perfect.

What do you use for the lines of the panels: oil, ink, ...?...or other...

I'never released a Mustang...perhaps the reason is a lot of resin and p.e. lib. that are lying, togheter the gorgeous Tamy kit, in my cellar... :smiley24:

Bona

Hey IPMS Brothers, I wish you all the best. I'm humbled and will report that I used Alclad over Tamiya primer then a coat of future, decals, 2nd coat of future, detailer wash and 50-50 mix of Testors dullcoat and gloss coat thinned by half with lacquer thinner. After that process I accented with Derwent's pastel caulks.

HTH,

Greg.

P.S.

more details on this project posted in the ARC forum "critique corner" FWIW.

THAT! has to be about the best P-51 I think I've ever seen!! Very nice aircraft.

SteveK

• 2 weeks later...

Greg, that's a beautiful job on the staff car to go with the P-51D. I've long wanted such a staff car to replicate a scene from the Gregory Peck movie 12 O'Clock High where General Savage arrives at his new Archbury base and dresses down the gate guard for admitting him to the base without demanding to see the General's ID. The car could also be used on a flight line scene with a B-17F from the same film.

Great work. :smiley32::smiley32:

Ed

Great work on the staff car too Greg!

I think I picked up one of those as a seperate release - glad to hear that it's a good kit.

I really like the combo boxings. I just bought the Hasegawa Nick with the Fuel truck and crew boxing and both kits are friggen sweet, Plus I got a great deal on it. And a couple other great combo kits are the Pro Modeler F-86D and tug. And the Tamiya F-4U with tug. I would like to find the Tamiya FW-190 with the car at a reasonable price. :smiley20:

Wow! That's a gorgeous Mustang, Greg! Very, very well-executed....

Are those kit decals?

well I spend a lot of time with the ponies so that helps, but yes those excellent decals came with the kit.