T2V Sea Star- Done!

ghodges

This is the 1/48 resin CollectAire kit. Most of the painting is done, except for the correguard...

001-22.jpg

Still need to vac a new canopy and do the fiddly bits, but hope to have it done by our meeting next weekend! More pics then!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the Seastar done!

001-23.jpg

003-38.jpg

008-11.jpg

010-12.jpg

This is a good kit, falling in the middle of the pack (difficulty-wise) of CollectAire's kits. It's better than their early releases, like their F-11F Tiger, but not nearly as good as their last few kits such as the B-66 or B-45. It's similar to building a limited run kit in that their are fit issues and a lot of clean up needed for the parts. Still, it's not hard, and the only game in town for the muscled up T2V Seastar.

The paint is MM Gloss White and International Orange, both thinned with lacquer thinner. The markings are a mix of kit decals and aftermarket. I had to apply two sets of stars/bars to each position in order to tone down the orange bleed through.

The model is almost OOTB. With care, the vac canopy in the kit is JUST big enough to trim and then fit the kit supplied metal bracing underneath. I, however, used my metal bracing as a base to make a canopy vac master out of Apoxy Sculp. That was then used to vac a new one, and a plastic framing was built to fit under it.

Glad to have this one done, it really brightens up the shelf! Now on to those two bipes I'm building for the WWI group build! As always, comments, critiques, and questions are welcome! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

• Like 1

Gil,

Once again you take a kit that few have in their stash and even fewer will ever touch and transform it into a beautiful piece of eye candy. I do not care what a contest judge might have to say about nitty-picky "flaws" or "errors" that they did right on their build of the kit, but you accomplished your goal of adding another gem of a rare subject to your showcase. Your paint finish job is superb.

Ed