Lion Roar Neblwerfer 42 - Finished!!

Chris Mobley

Here's a recap from the old forum.

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_003.jpg

And that pretty well wraps up the majority of the plastic in this kit.

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_5-1.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_6-1.jpg

Just to get an idea of the look.

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_7-1.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_8-1.jpg

Lessons I have learned if you are going to build this.

Put the barrels on before the little bracket things that attach the barrels and the supports. That was a PITA trying to get the barrels between them all ready on the supports. Not going to be able to see the inside one anyway on the bottom support.

Pay attention to the hole for the plastic part to mount in, be sure they are on the same side before gluing, that was almost a big problem.

And here is the most recent progress.

Finally got the barrel assembly done. Really tested the patience on this one. The wiring was a real task to get to work right. I think what makes it the biggest challenge for this thing is the amount of small parts that are on it and trying to handle it to put more stuff on it with knocking off other parts. Here's the barrels all done up, just need some clean up here and there on the glue, couldn't really get just a small dab that would hold the stuff on good. I think the total parts on the barrels numbers around 225 or so.

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_0013.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_0012.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_0011.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_010.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_009.jpg

:D Excellent WIP friend!. The details looks great.

Regards,

Rodolfo

Finally after months, it is ready for paint. I know Dave is going to like hearing that:D Finished up the last little bit of PE and the brackets to hole the barrels to the base today. The main parts are just dry fit right now, no way I am completely out to drive my self nuts by painting with the whole thing together.

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_0144.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_0143.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_0142.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_0146.jpg

:D Now looks better with the add-ons in the tubes, :smiley20: excellent work friend!

Regards,

Rodolfo

Thanks.

David, I have a Kodak Z760 that I got a few years ago. It's a great camera and takes nice pictures from up close with models to great shots of fire scenes at night. Even been through a few fires with me and is still going strong.

Finally!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D Real test of the patience. But got to say a great build that not only challenges every bit of patience but the detail is mind blowing. I know I did not do this kit no where near the justice it deserves. Lots of little things that just bug me that I could have done a bit better but if I spend any more time on it I will destroy it. Might wind up putting into some kind of base one day when I get bored, it really needs one as small as it is. To easy to forget where I put it.

On to the pics though.

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_1-1.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_2-1.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_3-1.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_4-1.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_6-2.jpg

lion_roar_nebelwerfer_42_7-2.jpg

:smiley32::smiley32: Great work my friend!. Looks fantastic specially the rear view of the tubes.

Regards,

Rodolfo

Stunning work with the hundreds of tiny pieces. Who says that the art of patience is dead and buried? This is a prime example of a slow-gratification project! :smiley20:

Archived