Member rankings

Guest PetrolGator

Guest PetrolGator

I've had enough of this. Kevin, unless you have constructive criticism to offer, please stop. Dick's avatar is not against the terms of this forum and I will not remove it. Furthermore, you've seen this avatar for quite some time and only take this moment when Dick responds to your post to say anything.

Every forum has its atmosphere and we prefer one that's open, light hearted, and sometimes dressed down with "gold chain." If you find that unpalatable, please find somewhere else to post.

Really? Than why is this part of the forum for IPMS members only? I would hardly call that open.

Not only that, you say in the first sentence of your last post all are welcome, but then tell me to go elsewhere in the very next sentence,

Incredible.

Actually...THIS IS the open part of the forum, and ANYONE who so desires can see this discussion and post here too!

But, there's NO reason that visitors here shouldn't understand that IPMSUSA is like a family....and though we're all related (in loving building models) we don't always see eye to eye.

Kevin: Knowing Chris, he's not telling you to go elsewhere.....He's merely letting you know that your view and complaint has been heard (by an administrator) and that the actions you requested won't be taken. You've been heard, but your desires will not be met. You can either accept that or not. If you find it hard to accept, then perhaps you'd be happier on another forum where you feel you're catered to more.

I know how you feel. I've had the same interactions with past IPMSUSA Eboards. You advance a view or idea you believe has merit, and they either seem to ignore it or reject it. That's life. Being a member doesn't entitle me to getting my way, it merely allows me to be heard. I decided to stay and participate rather than "take my ball and go home". You can never make any changes if you aren't a part of the organization!

So, I hope to see you around here in the future, and perhaps we'll even get to meet at the Nats this summer. IPMS needs all of us, even when when we're not on the same page about everything. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges
  • Like 1

Guest PetrolGator

Bloody hell Gil, you want a moderator position? You're FAR better spoken (with a lot less emotion) than I can muster!

Kevin, Gil's right. We've heard your complaints, noted them, and wish for you to contribute here.

Edit: Kevin, I do not appear to be able to message you, so I'll make this clear here: I WANT you to contribute. Please post builds, criticism of models, etc. I am by no means an expert, and LOVE hearing people rip my work to shreds.

I am by no means an expert, and LOVE hearing people rip my work to shreds. Ummmmmm.....I can do this!!!!!!

Then may I recommend that your "title" be "The Shredder". I'm seeing some interesting decal options for some Steam Punk armor featuring "The Shredder".

• Like 1

I am by no means an expert, and LOVE hearing people rip my work to shreds. Ummmmmm.....I can do this!!!!!!

Hunting season is now open, let the bullets fly! IN COMING!!!!!!!!!!! :Smile-tongue:

Oh look I just aded to my post count! Cool!!!! :smiley16:

Chris :Smile_sceptic:

• 3 months later...

I still see the "fluffing" of post counts on many sites, but they tend to come and go like a drive by shooting. Normally someone starts a username, posts a welcome message, responds to every single welcome message whether it was a day old or several years old, then they vanish, never to return.