Member rankings

Guest PetrolGator

Guest PetrolGator

All,

I'm currently playing with bringing back member rankings based on post count to the forums, you know, just for fun.

Currently, I have the following:

• 00-09: SnapTite
  • 10-49: Assembler
  • 50-99: Hobbyist
  • 100-499: Plastic Habit
  • 500-999: Styrene Junkie
  • 1000-1999: Acrylic Addict
  • 2000-?: Model Master
  • ?: Lord of the Sprue

If you have some interesting titles, post them here. I plan on breaking them up, by post count, a little more. I'll have this finalized by mid-Jan.

-Chris

I like it! I think this would be so cool! Maybe you can add Kitbasher in there somewhere; it could be a lower rank signifying someone that just 'bashes' something together (like I do! LOL!) or a higher rank signifying someone who takes two or more kits to make a Masterpiece.

Gotta love the Lord of the Sprue! LOL!

And if you want to give a custom title, well, I have one in my signature: Virtuoso of Miniatures. A friend of mine on another Forums gave me that one. I think it was Gil or someone else here who called me the Prince of Persistence. Right now I fall into the Model Master rank. and I don't think I am nearly the Master that everyone else here is!

Can't wait to see this activated; this is gonna rock!

Guest PetrolGator

Naturally the three "Lord of the Sprue" candidates commented on this. :Smile_sceptic:

Sounds like a fun idea.

Hey, it brought you out of hiding! :D

Prince of Plastic
Emperor of Etch (or Empress)
King of Kits (or Queen)
Earl of Etch

Duke of Decals (or Duchess)

Marquess of Markings
Shah of Seams

Maharaja of Models

I was once known as"Der Bare Metal Meister" By my former membership at IPMS North Central Texas because of my propensity to finish a lot of World War II American fighters and a few bombers in Natural Metal. I used the old SNJ, Floquil Old Silver, Platinum Mist, and Liqua-Plate metalizers many years ago, and the name stuck for a short time. I have been long surpassed by many others including the late Les Sundt who simplified the process in an article he published in Fine Scale Modeler back in 1996. I'm lost in the past a lot more these days, so I'll consider myself obsolete. Ha!

Mark

I think that after the royal titles, titles of nobility, or aristocratic ranking, my title should be Janitor of Junk......or if you wish to inject "fake class" then its "Junque"

• Like 1

I likie, accurate and true.

And Styrene Junkie is also very true!

Now back to football and Spitfires....watching one game on the TV, one on the laptop via Direct TV, and working on a Spitfire.

Edited by Dick Montgomery

Junque has such an elegant ring to it. I like that one Dick.

Mark

I think that after the royal titles, titles of nobility, or aristocratic ranking, my title should be Janitor of Junk......or if you wish to inject "fake class" then its "Junque"

Well, the story behind the Monty nicknames is that Dick was convinced that a 4 footer was stalking him at the Louisiana visitors' center. Of course, he was hold a sandwich at the time and these gators are well fed by the tourist. But the pastey white one is convinced that he was going to be gator food.