F4U Cockpit

MM1TB

I am building a 1/32 F4U and would like some suggestions on buying or making cockpit seat belts, and any upgrades you guys suggest.

Thanks

Just the seat belts?

You can make your own using tape and wire....Her's a couple of links that show you how:

http://hyperscale.com/2007/features/maskingtapeseatbeltsrf_1.htm

http://www.ratomodeling.com/articles/belts/

Eduard also makes pre-painted USAAF/USN belts/buckles in 1/32. They aren't that expensive and easy to use. Verlinden and Waldron both make 1/32 buckle sets that you combine with tape or lead foil for the belts. They look very realistic, but are more tedious to assemble.

You didn't say which kit you're building. If it's the newer Tamiya 1/32 Corsair, you don't need any "upgrade" for the office. If it's the Trumpy Corsair, it should have some pretty good detail, but you'd need to compare it to references to see if YOU think it needs anything. If it's the old Revell 1/32 F4U-1, and you want an ACCURATE cockpit, you'll need to get an aftermarket cockpit. Verlinden makes one, as does Lone Star Models. There may be another one too (Aries?)....none of them are cheap, but all of them are way better in detail and accuracy compared to the old Revell kit.

Hope this helps!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Cool! From what I've heard, that's a pretty good kit, especially shape-wise. You get a LOT of bang for your buck! You'll be saving money even after you include the stuff you ordered. Hope to see pics of it when it's done.

GIL :smiley16:

Gil's comments on seat belts are great. The only item I would add it to get some of the thin metal wine bottle sealing material and use it for the belt material. It will hold shape very well plus one side of it is usually painted a flat color so any added paint will adhere.