Syrian T-34/D30 or my best Shot at it!!!

Mark Aldrich

I actually have a lead on a 3D CAD programer who may be able to get it done in rapid prototyping.

I actually have a lead on a 3D CAD programer who may be able to get it done in rapid prototyping.

Cheeter!!! Go back to the workbench and try again. You are a great modeler and can do it. JUST DO IT!! Ok now that is out of the way,What is the contact for the 3D printer guy? LOL

Chris :Smile_sceptic:

Chris,

He is a new upstart! I gave me all the measurements about 6 days ago and have not heard a peep out of him yet. Going to email him this evening about it. If I don't have anything positive, I might try again. I stink at math and trying to drill 12 evenly spaced holes in 14 cross member supports is not my cup o joe!

Mark

Mark,

Good luck. Last year at Armor con there was a guy promoting 3d modeling. I think there is a big need for this stuff. I can see it mainly in the aftermarket industry, but who knows I'm sure someone will come along and do a full kit. Wonder what the parts count will be. Maybe two, Turret and hull? Who know?

Chris :Smile_sceptic:

Chris,

Until I was introduced to this gentleman, I bought stuff from Shapeways and Click to detail! So far it has been mostly Sherman items. Hobby Boss EBR-10 adaptor for the Tasca M4A4 turret ring, periscopes, headlight and horn guards, M4A1 grated deflector exhaust and Sherman track adjuster tools. However, I found a guy on Shapeways who has made 3 different T-34 rear engine plates and will be getting a couple of those as well! I don't see a need for a whole kit but there is one fellow that designed a WHOLE H-39 with interior out of it!!!! Absolutely gorgeous and expensive! I did buy his German H-39 bits though. Makes it easier that buying two Bronco kits just to make the Latrun 121 H-39.

Mark

Catastrophe hit Friday evening. while attempting to get ready for the Green Dragons meet, the box carrying the D30 slipped out of my hands. This was what I was greeted to when I got back. I did not even want to look inside the box before i left. Fortunately, most of the damage was to the gun and it has been repaired. In between gluing the bits back into place, I constructed another firing platform. Instead of using brass rod, I used plastistruct. I'll post pictures of the repairs later on. The CAD designer said he might not have it ready until June so I gave it the old "TreadHead Try".

100_0178_zps477d85ae.jpg

After all, Mark, it's how you fix misfortunes like this that will separate you from the casual builder. I'm constantly fixing things I've broken....no one knows but me. :m1helmet:

Success!!!! Maybe not the greatest and straightest but it is acceptable to me. I am waiting for some boxes from TWS to make a final decision on what I will place on the front fenders. Now it goes to Will Thorson for painting.

100_0230_zps33ee1d0e.jpg

100_0231_zps6d88de69.jpg

100_0232_zpsf06d5e0c.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is ALL Will!!!!! He is a great finisher! Can't wait to see it done. Course I can't wait to see the T-34T done either!