Sign in to follow this  
AZKevin

What happens when you give a plane guy some Nascar decals?

Hello Everyone,

I hope no one is offended that I kind of 'stole' the topic title from the previous topic, but I couldn't resist.

This is what I did after I got an old Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D on Ebay for $6.00 with no decals or box and a friend in my local IPMS chapter gave me some extra Nascar decals.

Maybe not my best build (about 2 weeks), but it did take third place in the 'hypothetical' category at ModelZona (Nov. 2013).

OK, OK, OK so there were only two other entries in the category :smiley9::smiley9:

Anyway, it was a fun build. When I do it again however, I will remove all raised detail from the kit.

004_zps151c1a9f.jpg

006_zps4c8cef7c.jpg

007_zps44a39f73.jpg

008_zps3a73dab2.jpg

009_zps278ef7f2.jpg

002_zpsed1837d5.jpg

Nice racing 'Stang Kevin! That old Hasagawa kit has a lot of potential for its age, and it looks like your elbow grease paid off too. Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

Love the topic. Not stolen just appropriately modified. Great looking model and way to think outside of the box, in a manner of speaking!

Yes...but I would NOT want to be in the pit crew when that beast makes a stop for new tires. I'd be a bit nervous about the rotating prop.

I always thought the pit crew at an air race changed the prop, not the tires. :gray-plane:

Ed

Good Work! That's why Hypothetical is a category, for those who like this angle.

I will never forget the Space Shuttle painted in Thunderbird markings years ago....

Love it! You did this one very well! Way to go!

Sign in to follow this