The Duke Finishes Four More....

Mark Deliduka

...bringing my count up to 642 small scale armor models. Maybe I should start calling them my Small Scale Ground Vehicles or Small Scale Military Vehicles instead, since none of these are armored.

Anyway, it's been tough finding the time lately but I finally did manage to get enough time to finish these. First off is my little PST ZIS-5 cargo truck. I added the artillery insignia on the doors because this came with a 122mm artillery piece that I'd built many years before. The assembly was not as clean as I'd have liked so I weathered this well. This one was 'rode hard and put away wet':

Russian_ZIS_5_Truck_I.jpg

Russian_ZIS_5_Truck_III.jpg

Next up is one that is considerably cleaner. This is a Russian Staff Car, the ACE 1/72 scale GAZ 11-M1. I'm not that thrilled with how this turned out; I was hoping for a cleaner, more even coat of paint. Oh, well; it is done now and I'm glad it is!

Russian_GAZ_11_M1_Staff_Car_I.JPG

Russian_GAZ_11_M1_Staff_Car_III.JPG

This next one is my first Attack model that I've ever worked on. It is the 1/72 scale Tatra T-87 Staff Car that I got from the Braille Scale meeting at the IPMS Nationals in Colorado. The color may not be that accurate, but I'm actually pretty pleased at how this turned out:

British_Tatra_T_87_Staff_Car_I.jpg

British_Tatra_T_87_Staff_Car_III.jpg

I did that one up clean as well. I figured a high ranking staff officer would have the clout to keep it clean.

This last one is another one I weathered well, although not quite as much as the ZIS-5. This is Roden's 1/72 scale Opel Staffswagen Omnibus that I finally completed, thanks to some help from some guys on the Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forums for finding info I needed. I built this all OOB and weathered with Tamiya and Tankrat's weathering powders:

German_Opel_Blitz_Omnibus__Staffswagen_I

Here's a closeup showing the interior through the windows. You can see the Enigma machine (far left), a typewriter (huh? What's that?), and finally a map lying on the table (What? No GPS?!). I think that's pretty cool that all that can be seen:

Finally, for fun, here's a pic of the Staff bus sitting next to my personnel transport bus:

Two_German_Omnibusses.jpg

That's all I really have to show for now. Hopefully I'll be able to finish a few more long-term projects that have languished too long; now that I have these done. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Nice going, Duke! Over 600 vehicles is quite a variety! Keep up the good work,

Mark

Thanks Chris! I appreciate that very much. Fighting me in a 'real war' (collection vs collection in a tabletop wargame) had been done in the distant past. Sometimes I even won! It would be awesome to pit my whole collection against someone in a Twilight 2000-type scenario! :army7: :D :smiley20:

Thanks Mark! Yeah, my whole collection has quite the variety, from tiny WWI-era Ford Model T 'Scout Cars' to the massive Dora railgun; from WWI Model T Ford Ambulances and Mack Trucks to modern Abrams, Leopards and T-90 tanks. Once I get it to 700 completed models; I hope to get another set of mass pictures like the previous ones I took when I only had 545 models done.

Thanks again for the great comments guys! It's comments and replies like this that keep me going to finish more models.