The Invisible Man

MikeH

Excellent! You really managed to get a clear, crisp look to all of the colors of the differeing items in the diorama. A couple of questions:

What flat did you use? Your clothing looks really good, as it has no trace of sheen.

Did you paint the rug, or is it an actual fabric piece?

Great work! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Excellent! You really managed to get a clear, crisp look to all of the colors of the differeing items in the diorama. A couple of questions:

What flat did you use? Your clothing looks really good, as it has no trace of sheen.

Did you paint the rug, or is it an actual fabric piece?

Great work! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil. The paints on the clothing are Tamiya and I didn't put a dull coat on anything. Everything was airbrushed. The rug is brush-painted and washed & highlighted. I do custom airbrush painting on the side (the big reason I haven't been building much the last year) and that combined with modeling makes me think about how to create textures and fool the eye to make something look right. I also do Warhammer 40k figure painting which is a completely different style of model painting all together. If you ever have a moment look up Golden Demon or Crystal Brush painting winners and you'll be blown away. I use some of these techniques as well on my projects.

Agree, nice job.

Love the broken beaker on the floor.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on a great build. I have a book with all of H.G.Wells' stories in it. Quite a visionary!

The Invisible Man subject reminds me of a bit of mischief that I got up to at one of the IPMS UK Nationals as it was then about 20 years ago. Within the figures class I placed a base with nothing on it entitled 'H.G.Wells' Invisible Man. Had a bit of a chuckle later in the day when a friend of mine said that someone had passed their hand over the base when they thought no one was looking!

• 5 months later...